The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Administrative and Logistics Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Senior Coordinator in the office of the Chief Executive Officer of the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency or their delegate, the Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for administrative and logistic duties within the Office of the Chief Executive Officer.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent secretarial and office management skills as well as a good understanding of office practices and procedures.
- Excellent writing and work presentation skills, with attention to the aesthetics of documents.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Experience in working with an international organisation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Certificate and College Diploma in General Administration, Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Management, and / or Social Sciences.
- Five (5) years of progressive responsibility in providing office administration support, including at least two (2) years in administration in an executive office.
Applications To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: An indicative basic salary of US$14,852.00 per annum plus other entitlements such as post adjustment (57% of basic salary), housing allowance, and pension (19% of basic salary) among others in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 3 April 2017 and should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218; Midrand; Midrand, 1685
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.