The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Filling and Data Entry Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Head of Procurement of the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency or his/her delegate filling and Data Entry Assistant will perform Data Entry, file management and maintenance. He/she will organize paperwork according to an efficient filing system and digitalize all important documents. Protect and update files as well as make them easily accessible to users.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in a contract management (or equivalent) role in a procurement environment and a good working knowledge of contract management processes and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of procedures and international standards for the procurement of goods and services.
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders in providing expert contract management advice to enable achievement of desired outcomes.
- High level communication skills at all levels (written and verbal) and the ability to undertake negotiations with suppliers in the resolution of disputes.
- Demonstrated investigative and analytical skills including the ability to use MS Excel, Database and Reporting systems.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to review, develop and implement guidelines and operating processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to deliver project outcomes within specified parameters including timeframes and objectives.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement and innovation opportunities in processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, be proactive, Initiative and with sound judgement, including experience in planning, prioritising and organising work for self and others to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of African Union Procurement Regulations, audit regulations and legal obligations relating to strategic across government contracts
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a minimum of Diploma in Information management System (IMS), Information Communication Technology (ICT), Library Studies or Purchasing and supplies Qualification supported by IT/C or related field. A degree in these fields or affiliation to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressive professional experience in the field of Library Studies, Information management System (IMS), Information Communication Technology (ICT) or Purchasing and supplies Qualification supported by IT/C
.Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US 18, 569,00 per annum plus other
Entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (US$7,427.60 per annum), Housing allowance ($13 248, 00 per annum), gratuity (15% of gross salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, April 24 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.