Position Level: GSA 4
The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Finance Clerk.
Under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Clerk will provide clerical support to the Finance Division in account payables and receivables section of the Finance Division. In particular s/he will carry out the following tasks;
- Assist to reconcile staff travel advances.
- Ensure up to date filling of all accounting data/records in the Finance Division.
- Liaise with Senior Finance Officer for the approval of invoices and vouchers for payment.
- Compile files for the VAT return and submit to SARS.
- Liaise with Directorates/Divisions/Programmes/Projects with regards to the collection and dissemination of finance supporting documents.
- Assist in reconciliation of the high value suppliers accounts (Travel Agents, Cellular Service Providers, etc...)
- Receive and distribute correspondence within the Finance Division and NEPAD Agency.
- Assist procurement and administration units when requested
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Certificate and a College Diploma in Accounting,
- Finance, Business Management or Administration or a related field.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressive responsibility in within a finance and administration position in a busy and fast paced environment.
Other relevant skills
- Excellent computer skills (e.g., SAP ERP, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and experience with an Accounting Software or ERP system.
- Experience in non-profit accounting principles.
- Good organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills).
Application: Applications should be forwarded utilising “Arial’’ font 11.5
To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,309.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (40% of basic salary), Housing Allowance (US$ 11 260,80) and Gratuity (15% of gross salary), in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to locally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 20 February 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, should you not hear from us within six (6) weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.