Based on the Host Agreement between the Government of the Republic of South Africa and the African Union for NEPAD to serve as the interim AU Office Operating Outside the African Union Headquarters, the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Infrastructure Technical Expert.
Working closely with NEPAD Agency Regional Integration and Trade Division Project team and under the day-to-day supervision of the Director of Infrastructure at the duty station or their delegates, The Infrastructure Technical Expert will have the following Key Performance Areas:
- Prepare Annual Work plan and budget based on a logical framework of relevant indicators, baselines, targets, outputs and expected outcomes.
- As part of the PIDA Core Team of and, in close collaboration with national project sponsors – move the PIDA PAP projects through the project cycle, from concept to technical feasibility or commercial bankability and implementation.
- Ensure and assist ECCAS and national project sponsors - prepare technically sound “Project proposals” for submission for pre-feasibility and feasibility studies - grant funding for project preparation with PPFs.
- Assist the ECCAS and national project sponsors, prepare terms of references (ToRs), Expressions of Interest (EoIs), Request for Proposals (RfPs), or Project Information Memoranda (PIMs) – to undertake technical consultancies.
- Promote and facilitate for inclusion of PIDA PAP projects in National Development Plans (NDPs), or Public Investment Plans (PIPs) of AU member states.
- Investigate and facilitate preparation or financing, of PIDA PAP projects with risk-sharing potential with the private sector; and make recommendations for such projects to be implemented through PPP, or private investment modalities.
- Investigate and facilitate development of innovative financing instruments, and transnational operational systems (i.e., Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs), and Special Purpose Public Agencies (SPPAs)) respectively – to implement and effectively manage crossborder PIDA PAP projects/programmes.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- The Infrastructure Technical Expert shall be a national of an African Union member state, and shall have the following required skills and competencies:
- Demonstrate knowledge and have experience of at least, one key value-chain activity, of the project preparation cycle.
- Sound knowledge and experience in project finance, and/or project management.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Infrastructure public-private partnerships (PPP) modalities.
- Knowledge and experience in data collection and application of statistical tools.
- Knowledge and experience in developing, or actively participated in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities - in a project implementation environment.
- Experience in public sector management or working modalities in Africa, either at national or regional or international level.
- Excellent written and oral communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with sound judgment, and tight deadline delivery.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
Education and Experience:
The Infrastructure Technical Expert shall possess a Master’s degree in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), or a related field, with a minimum relevant experience of (five) 5 years working consecutively in an ICT or infrastructure development environment or a Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields above, with a minimum relevant experience of (eight)
Applications for the Infrastructure Technical Expert should be submitted utilising “Arial” font 11.5.
To apply, candidates should submit the following:
A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking this vacant position and employment with NEPAD and the duty station.
Detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages, and indicating your nationality and gender.
Three (3) referees with knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone and email addresses.
Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Indicative lump sum pay of US$78, 0000.00 per annum or US$ 6,500 per month plus other entitlements e.g. medical aid (80% contribution by NEPAD) and 24 days annual leave.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 23 October 2017, and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218; Midrand, 1685
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.