The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Intern.
Under the supervision of the head of the NEPAD Regional Integration, Infrastructure and Trade Programme or his delegate, the Intern will be responsible for supporting implementation of projects under the Programme with majority of effort directed to the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to African development (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage).
- Competence and experience in collecting, analysing, processing and distributing data and information to the appropriate parties.
- Should possess a minimum of Bachelor degree (Hons) from a recognized University (BA/BSc/BComm etc.) while current enrolment or the completion of a post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office suite
- Citizen of an AU member country or an African in the Diaspora
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- Possess good analytical and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French will be considered as an asset.
Experience with desk research, compilation of reports.
Knowledge of Africa’s infrastructure sector (water, transport, energy, ICT) will be an added advantage.
Application for Placement: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking YPP position with the NEPAD Agency
- Curriculum vitae (CV) not exceeding three (3) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- One (1) referee with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: In line with the NEPAD Young Professionals Programme (YPP), the remuneration is in form of a stipend / basic allowance.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 19 March 2018 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234; Halfway House; Midrand, 1685
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.