Niger Agenda 2063 Knowledge Hub
The integrated nature of Agenda 2063 underscores and promotes integrated approaches, innovative and incentive systems that support collaboration across sectors within continental, regional, national and sub national spheres. This cross-sectoral approach increasingly requires the use of innovative tools to manage multi-sectoral, multi-partner implementation of public policies and flagship investment programs. This approach negates the traditional ‘silo’ approaches to development, and promises a more credible integrated planning model for greater transformative impact.
Geospatial tools present credible mechanisms for generating high quality and timely data, information and analysis, thereby fostering the application of multi-sectoral analyses of increasingly complex and dynamic development process; their ability to enable more frequent testing of theories of change and facilitating timely course corrections based on evidence gives them the credibility. Institutions that are capable of absorbing real-time information and have efficient systems to effectively utilize the information often achieve better results - accruing from timely corrective measures, more informed policy reforms, effective designs of programs and improved service delivery.
The CoP will function in the following manner:
- Online discussions and consultations will be facilitated by the NEPAD Agency’s Technical Experts, with external and internal co-moderators who have good practices and insights to share on specific topics.
- The topics to be discussed can be raised by CoP members and the moderators.
- The discussion forums will run for 2 weeks.
- CoP members are encouraged to participate by sharing experiences, recommendations, best practices and lessons learnt.
- Contributions can be made in the form of comments, questions seeking clarification and sharing interesting articles in relation to the topic under discussion.
- After the two week period of discussion, the topic will be closed and a summary of the discussion will be posted as an outcome document on the CoP document and resources section.
Benefits of being a CoP member:
- Opportunity to exchange experiences with fellow African experts via online discussions, physical workshops and conferences.
- Contact CoP members directly for in-depth exchanges.
- Help identify priority issues on strengthening nutrition across the continent.
- Stay informed on the latest news and developments.
- Network with other practitioners and be part of a continental community.
- Participate in webinars, workshops and surveys.
- Access and share relevant resources, documents and news.