Official Name: Republic of Mali
Independence Day: 22 September 1960
Currency: CFA franc (XOF)
- 11,642 women benefitted from seven projects implemented in Mali by the NEPAD Spanish Fund for the Empowerment of African Women.
- Mali is among the first 12 countries to have domesticated an adapted version of the African Union Model on Medical Products.
- Mali benefited from 6.0Million EUR funding secured from the EU to support capacity development, research and innovation in water and sanitation in the Southern and West Africa regions through the NEPAD African Networks of Water Centres of Excellence.
- The Abidjan-Ouagadougou/Bamako project aims to modernise and rehabilitate the multimodal corridor.
- The Modernisation of Dakar-Bamako Rail Line project is expected to improve connectivity and intra-African trade between Dakar (Senegal) and Bamako (Mali), and other countries, promote regional integration, and help to engender new economic spin-offs/opportunities through rail spurs.
- A strategy was developed for post-harvest fish losses in Mali as part of the riparian states along the Volta Basin. This was in alignment with the Malabo Declaration and the Policy Framework and Reform Strategy for Fisheries and Aquaculture.
- Mali raised the profile of malnutrition in Africa and demonstrated it’s far reaching consequences to social and economic development among other 15 countries with lessons shared across the continent.
- The Sahel and West Africa Program (SAWAP) supported Mali with funding for the Natural Resources Management investment project, to the tune of $ 21.42M. In the long term, implementation of this project will boost infrastructure, economic productivity and climate resilience in Mali.