Under the supervision of the Node Coordinator or his/her delegate, the Administrative Assistant - Finance will provide key administrative support for major programme activities within the African Biosafety Network of Expertise Programme. The Administrative Assistant will provide overall administrative and logistical support; prepare, vet and finalize documents for transmission and dissemination; develop and apply templates for records management systems; respond to correspondence; take responsibility for preparation and organization of meetings, conferences and workshops; and follow up on actions.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Organise meetings, conferences, workshops for the ABNE Programme, which include arranging and confirming meetings, booking accommodation, arranging transport, catering services etc.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare travel documentation and follow up on approval.
- Maintain Node Coordinator’s diary by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences.
- Draft briefing notes, PowerPoint presentation, letters, and other correspondence.
- Lay-out reports using appropriate software, check information and data for procedural accuracy and formatting.
- Procure and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Assist with financial reporting including bank reconciliation and managing petty cash.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned.