The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Programme Officer: Food Safety
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Regional Office, African Biosafety Network of Expertise (ABNE), the Programme Officer, Food Safety will work with the Director and other Programme Officers of ABNE to provide general advisory services with regards to biotechnology/biosafety and food safety to ABNE, African Union (AU) member states and sub-regional organizations.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent technical competencies in food safety issues in biotechnology and biosafety.
- Excellent planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting skills.
- Excellent oral, writing and editing skills.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Creative thinking, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Food Science or Biological sciences. Agricultural Biotechnology and food safety related program/network management experience will be an advantage. Candidates must have two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of food safety or a Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned fields but with five (5) years relevant experience in an international, regional or national organization.
Applications should be forwarded utilizing ‘’Arial’’ font 11.5: To apply, please submit the following:
A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
Certified copies of passport, degrees and diplomas.
Indicative basic salary of US$33,030.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (58% of basic salary), Housing allowance ($17,222.40 annum), gratuity (15% of gross salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 13 November 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.