The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Programme Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management, Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP).
Under the supervision of the Head of CAADP, the Programme Officer Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Knowledge Management will be responsible for supporting the CAADP Team by gathering and analysing agriculture data and by monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Malabo Declaration as encapsulated in the CAADP Results Framework. On the basis of this, she/he will also be responsible for the production and dissemination of specific CAADP knowledge products, in close collaboration with NPCA’s Strategy and Knowledge Management (SKM) Unit and the Head of Strategic Planning and Knowledge Management.
The support will also purpose to provide continental support to strengthen national systems and capacities for effective monitoring, reviewing and reporting on progress and results of the CAADP Malabo Commitments and targets.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Solid knowledge of African agricultural statistics.
- Solid knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems and Results-Based Management.
- Working knowledge of policy analysis and development and programme and/or project management, implementation and monitoring.
- Profound knowledge, expertise and practical experience in knowledge management.
- Familiarity with NEPAD, CAADP and experience in international development politics and working with international organisations.
- Excellent oral, writing and editing skills.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Creative thinking, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Business Administration or a related field, with a minimum relevant experience of five (5) years working with significant direct experience related to Monitoring & Evaluation in an agriculture development environment either within the public sector, multilateral institutions, international non-governmental or similar organisations nationally, regionally and / or internationally.
Applications should be forwarded utilizing ‘’Arial’’ font 11.5: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of passport, degrees and diplomas.
Indicative basic salary of US$33,030.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance ($21,196.80 annum), gratuity (15% of gross salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 13 November 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234; Halfway House; Midrand, 1685
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.