The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Project Assistant – Infrastructure Project.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Regional Integration Infrastructure and Trade Division of the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency, the Programme Assistant – Infrastructure Project will work with a number of stakeholders (Governments, Development Partners, and Private Sector) and move projects to completion and to financial closure.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge and experience in project management, program evaluation and financing in the public and private sector as well as development finance institutions.
- Proven experience and track-record in dealing with project sponsors and developers
- Excellent oral, writing and editing skills.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Creative thinking, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national.
Education and Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Finance and Project Management. Candidates must have three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the above-mentioned fields in an international, regional or national organization.
Applications should be forwarded utilizing ‘’Arial’’ font 11.5: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of passport, degrees and diplomas.
Indicative lumpsum pay of US$4,500.00 per month.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 13 November 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234; Halfway House; Midrand, 1685
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.