Official Name: Republic of Madagascar
Independence Day: 26 June 1960
Currency: Malagasy Ariary (MGA)
- Madagascar is expected to benefit from a continent wide knowledge sharing platform which aims to promote African-owned innovative approaches for skills development and decent employment on the continent. The portal has been endorsed by African ministers.
- 85 Million hectares of land on the continent have been committed for restoration through the application of the restoration opportunities assessment methodology. To date, Madagascar has committed 4 million ha.
- Madagascar is among 16 countries that raised the profile of malnutrition in Africa and demonstrated its far reaching consequences to social and economic development through a continent-wide study.
- Madagascar received USD 5.9 million from SIP for the Irrigation and Watershed Management Project.
- Madagascar forms part of the first ten countries that will implement the Initiative for Food and Nutrition Security in Africa; a new partnership for nutrition accountability.