.Official Name: Republic of Mauritania
Independence Day: 28 November 1960
Currency: Ouguiya (MRO)
- 6700 women benefited from two projects implemented in Mauritania by the NEPAD Spanish Fund for the Empowerment of African Women.
- The Boulenouar Wind Power Project involves construction of a large-scale wind farm of 100 MW installed capacity located in Boulenouar, 80 km north of Nouadhibou, the second-largest city in the northern part of the coastal region of Mauritania. The project is set to create a demonstration effect as the first major wind project in the Sahel.
- Mauritania is poised to benefit from the construction of the 225 km Trans-Sahara highway missing link from Assamakka to Arlit, Niger at a cost of US$102 million. This project is aimed at facilitating seamless road transportation of goods and people over a distance of 5,000 from Algiers to Lagos, Nigeria.
- With the support of the TerrAfrica partners, Mauritania has also been able to implement its Promoting Sustainable Land Management in the Oasis Ecosystems of Mauritania project which has received USD4.19 million.
- Media practitioners from Mauritania were trained on how to communicate Sustainable Land Water Management (SLWM) issues and facilitate information flow between TerrAfrica Secretariat, Member States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs).