Official Name: Republic of Senegal
Independence Day: 20 June 1960
Currency: CFA franc (XOF)
- 50 cooperatives of women involved in agri-business received financial and technical support to enhance the quality and profitability of their produce through the PANALE (Produits Africains Normalisés et Accessibles pour un Développement Local et Environnemental) project. 2,500 direct beneficiaries were employed by 50 companies.
- A Malaria Research Capacity Development (MARCAD) in South and Central Africa was launched and is based in Senegal.
- 16 bankable infrastructure projects were showcased at Dakar Financing Summit, the projects have reached pre-feasibility, preparatory or financial close stage.
- The Modernisation of Dakar-Bamako Rail Line project is expected to improve connectivity and intra-African trade between Dakar(Senegal) and Bamako (Mali), and other countries, promote regional integration, and help to engender new economic spin-offs/opportunities through rail spurs.
- Senegal received funding from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Programme (GAFSP) to a tune of USD 46 million. aimed at promoting the country’s agriculture development agenda.
- The Sahel and West Africa Program (SAWAP) contributions to Senegal’s Agribusiness plan will increase food production, raise employment and benefit the wider Sahel region. Support received is to the tune of USD 86 Million.