Official Name: Republic of South Africa
Capital: Pretoria (executive), Bloemfontein (judical) and Cape Town
Independence Day: 27 April 1994
Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- 15,000 women and youth reached through four community-based projects implemented focused on drug rehabilitation, gender-based violence and skills development.
- The Skills Initiative for Africa (SIFA) set up a financing facility to support innovative vocational training initiatives in South Africa.
- More than 500 small scale livestock farmers on how to plant, process and use Tephrosia bio-acaricide have been trained with support of local leadership.
- Sensitised Government officials to incorporate the Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF) model into existing school feeding programmes, to ensure that school meals are locally sourced through a continent-wide mapping and experience sharing exercise.
- 85 Million hectares of land on the continent have been committed for restoration through the application of the restoration opportunities assessment methodology by 2030. South Africa committed 3.6 million hectares.
- 700 traditional council members committed to mainstream climate change in agriculture in their communities, based on A Provincial Early Action Strategy (REAS) documented and disseminated for the Kwa-Zulu Natal Province. Furthermore, the strategy was translated into the local language IsiZulu and disseminated to 1200 change agents.