Official Name: United Republic of Tanzania
Capital: Dar es Salaam
Independence Day: 9 December 1961
Currency: Tanzanian shilling (TZS)
- Tanzania received USD22.9 million from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Programme (GAFSP) to support the rehabilitation of irrigation schemes and an input voucher scheme for rice input packages in the project zones.
- Tanzania received support from the TerrAfrica Leverage Fund to the tune of USD100,000 for its project on Greater Serengeti Sustainable Landscape Management Information System.
- Fisheries sectorial policies, governance reviews, and economic profiles were conducted and the review reports formally presented to Ministers of Fisheries and of Finance.
- In 2017, training on bio-equivalence was conducted by Tanzania Food and Drugs Authority in collaboration with Muhimbili University.
- The Dar es Salaam Port Expansion (DFS) project aims to increase cargo throughput; handle larger vessels in the container, liquid and dry bulk trades; improve interfaces across transport modes; improve linkage services with rail services.