Official Name: Togolese Republic
Independence Day: 27 April 1960
Currency: CFA franc (XOF)
- The CREDO-ACTION project reached enabled women in 6 rural villages to organise themselves into groups for income-generating activities. The women were organised into cooperatives and increased their capacities in agricultural productivity.
- Togo received 39 million USD from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Programme (GAFSP) to support agricultural productivity growth through adoption of technology, increased value addition, and promotion of agricultural diversification.
- Capacities of 3 Agriculture Training Centers have been strengthened in the application of modern curriculum and Competent based approach (CBT) for delivering training.
- Approximately 150 students have been trained in the entrepreneurship courses (according to the Competency-based Economies through Formation of Enterprises (CEFE) approach. This approach was designed to assist students to better understand market needs.
- Communicators from Togo were among 16 communicators from the TerrAfrica member countries who were trained on communicating Sustainable Land Water Management issues and facilitating information flow between TerrAfrica Secretariat, Member States and RECs.