Official Name: Republic of Uganda
Independence Day: 9 October 1962
Currency: Ugandan shilling (UGX)
- Uganda is one of the five pilot countries that are refining and contextualizing the Africa Extractives Capacity Assessment Framework (ECAF). These pilots are a major vehicle for domesticating the African Mining Vision.
- Uganda is among ten countries where skills audits and youth employment creation studies have been completed. This exercises addressed the Rural Futures Programme’s objective of reducing rural poverty and addressing employment challenges.
- The African Women Foundation (AFFRO) received €100,000.00 from the NEPAD Spanish Fund to support asset building for poverty eradication among young women.
- Uganda-Kenya Petroleum Products Pipeline is 300 km long pipeline which provides a lower cost mode of transport of petroleum products.
- 85 Million hectares of land on the continent have been committed for restoration through the application of the restoration opportunities assessment methodology. To-date, Uganda has committed 2.5 million ha.
- Uganda received 27.6 million USD from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Programme (GAFSP) to support the government's efforts to explicitly link agriculture, nutrition, health and education through school-based demonstration gardens, nutrition education, and small gardens.