Please note that all participants to the event have been identified and no new registrations will be accepted at this stage. For more information regarding the Calestous Juma Programme on Innovation and Emerging Technologies, please contact Barbara on Email: email@example.com.
- The Calestous Juma Executive Dialogue on Innovation and Emerging Technologies (CJEDIET) was established by the NEPAD Agency in honour of Prof. Calestous Juma who was the co-chair of the African Union High Level Panel on Emerging Technologies and a pioneer of science and technology in Africa.
- CJEDIET is designed to lay a solid foundation for senior policy and decision makers who have strategic and leadership responsibilities. The programme is aimed at providing a good opportunity for learning and exchange of knowledge, networking, experiencing diversity and building mutually beneficial relationships with a focus on emerging technologies in the 21st century.
- The Dialogue is relevant in addressing the challenges and opportunities that African countries face on this continent, by providing participants with a deep understanding of the complexities of harnessing emerging technologies in Africa within a global context. CJEDIET aims to graduate leaders who think critically about emerging technologies. Hence institutional strengthening will be an added benefit as institutions and organizations gain a critical mass of inspired and knowledgeable professionals who have a broad and holistic perspective on innovation and emerging technologies.
- The Executive Dialogue aims to strengthen the knowledge and capacity of African executives, senior officials, decision and policy makers, researchers and academia on innovation and emerging technologies.
- CJEDIET aims at strengthening the capacity of senior policy and decision-makers to provide technical advice to governments in assessing and harnessing emerging technologies in their respective institutions and organisations.
- The Executive Dialogue will further enable them to provide evidence-based policy choices for African leaders in making informed decisions in harnessing emerging technologies.