Kampala, Uganda, 21 July 2010 – While the theme of the just concluded 15th Ordinary Summit of the African Union was ‘’Maternal, Infant and Child Health and Development in Africa’’, the NEPAD Agency exhibition display stand managed to portray the Agency’s work on this theme whilst also highlighting related programmatic work.
The NEPAD Agency exhibition included brochures, flyers and reports on the recent work of the Agency. Key highlights included a new video on the establishment of the NEPAD Agency and its strategic direction.
Another key publication on display included an early version of the 2009 NEPAD Annual Report which can be downloaded by going to: http://www.nepad.org/images/AR.pdf. An updated version of the Report will soon be made available.
Some of the high-level delegates that were seen visiting the NEPAD Agency exhibition stand included:
- President Jakaya Kikwete of Tanzania (see photo);
- President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni of Uganda;
- President Joe dos Santos of Angola;
- President Zuma of South Africa;
- President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe;
- The Chairperson of the African Union Professor Bingu Wa Mutharika, The President of Malawi;
- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission H.E Jean Ping and;
- Former President Thabo Mbeki.
Other key visitors to the stand included Ministers from various African Countries, Heads of Donor agencies, captains of business and civil society representatives.